Best Home Improvements to Increase Value
This talk show will bring you everything from the latest home DIY project and building advice to current events and celebrity guests. You will hear from leading experts, your favorite home improvement stars and creators of exciting new technologies for your home. If you want to learn about home improvement and be entertained this show is for you. Victoria has an edge to her, which is likely a requirement for a woman trying to succeed in a field that is still dominated by men. “It’s not for the weak,” she says of her chosen profession in a March episode.
- Harsh carpet cleaners and spot removers should always be tested in an inconspicuous spot, such as in a corner or beneath a rug, to prevent any damage.
- Not only is this project much easier to DIY than you think, but it’s also surprisingly affordable, coming in at just $30 per door.
- “Finding the right combination for a home will certainly increase its appeal and overall image.
- Many homeowners opt to finance their remodeling project — especially if they’re planning on selling shortly after finishing the project — as they’ll be able to pay the loan back in full after closing.
- They may have other tax implications, and may not provide the same, or any, regulatory protection.
Replacing your air filters regularly is the best and cheapest way to keep your house in top condition. All the furniture rearrangements in the world mean nothing if your air is dusty and smelly. What’s more, replacing air filters more often can help prevent HVAC system issues.
Sheryl earned her Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication with an emphasis in advertising/public relations and journalism, as well as a minor in business administration from St. Ambrose University. She then also earned a Master of Arts in Mass Communication with an emphasis in integrated marketing communications from Drake University. Make your very own stylish, cane headboard with just a few simple supplies and basic tools. Follow the step-by-step instructions below, then get more DIY headboard ideas here. Decorative fence post caps aren’t just for looks — they add years of life to your fence by protecting the posts’ end grain from the elements. Self-adhesive shelf liner isn’t just great for drawers — use it to give glass-front kitchen cabinets or open shelving a big pop of color and vintage-style charm.
Easy Home Improvement Tips that Create Instant Appeal
Eye-catching front doors might be handy if you have guests coming to visit but may be off-putting to potential buyers, so keep it neutral. Cash-out refinance vs. HELOC before deciding which is better for your financial situation. Rocket Mortgage does not offer HELOCS, though it does offer home equity loans.
Also, “remove screen doors or storm doors, since that’s just another barrier to accessibility,” she says. And front doors should be a minimum of 34 inches wide, with “swing clear” hinges to maximize the entry width. Creating an eco-friendly home is the biggest trend of the moment and one House & Home Improvement we’re hoping will stick. However, you don’t need to be David Attenborough to want to go green. Incorporating energy-efficient design features into your project will help you both feel good and safe money. Finding a good contractor to do repairs and improvements to your home is important.