Advances in skin care sometimes make us confused where to start and which products to buy. You may also be insecure when your colleagues use products such as essence, face mist, or various facial serums at night.
Actually, facial care only consists of three easy steps, namely cleaning, treating, and moisturizing. The important thing is that you treat your face with a regimen and product that suits your skin type. Let’s read on to find out what facial treatments are really needed am I beautiful or ugly for your skin type? In essence, all skin types require the same basic care steps, namely:
1. Clean your face with a gentle cleanser
A good and gentle cleanser for your skin is one that cleanses the skin without leaving the skin feeling dry and “pulled” tight. Make it a habit to clean your face one to two times a day. If you have skin that tends to be dry and doesn’t use makeup, you may be better off cleaning your face once a day at night.
• If the cleanser you use makes the skin feel tight, it means the cleanser is too “harsh” for the skin. Because, it turns out that this means the natural oils on the surface of your skin are also being eroded by the cleanser.
• Choose a non-foaming cleanser. Foaming cleansers usually contain sulfates, which can dry out your skin.
Conversely, for those of you who use makeup or who are exposed to a lot of dust, you can try applying double cleansing at night. That is, cleaning the face is done in two stages: using cleansing oil or micellar water, then followed by a gentle facial cleanser and use beauty test .
Double cleansing can be applied in treating the face
The application of double cleansing is increasingly favored by many people because facial cleansing soap is not enough to clean dirt on the face.
2. Use serum for facial skin care
There are various types of facial serums, with various functions. Regardless of your skin type, be it oily, acne-prone skin, or even if it has a shining shine, serum can help treat skin health to be more perfect. Use of serum can be done in the morning for a serum that contains vitamin C. While a serum containing retinol should be used in the morning. evening.
3. Apply moisturizer
All skin types need a moisturizer. It’s just that you need to choose a moisturizing product with ingredients that are suitable for your skin type Use face beauty analysis. Here are some tips for choosing a moisturizing product based on your skin type:
• Dry skin: Moisturizer that is oil based
• Oily skin: Moisturizer that is water based and tends to be mild
• Combination skin: Moisturizer that is water based and tends to be mild
• Sensitive skin: Moisturizer with ingredients that soothe the skin, such as aloe vera
• Well preserved skin: An oil-based moisturizer to lock in moisture
4. Don’t forget the sunscreen
Many people are too busy using skincare products such as toner or serum, but forget the most important part: sunscreen or sunscreen. Even though, using sunscreen every day is mandatory to protect the skin from UV rays. Exposure to UV rays can trigger skin aging, inflammation, dark spots, wrinkles, and even skin cancer. In choosing a sunscreen product, there are several important things you need to pay attention to. First, look for sunscreen products that have an SPF of at least 30. Don’t forget, choose products that have a broad spectrum label or have the advantage of protecting your skin from UVA and UVB at the same time. And finally, read the sunscreen content and choose the one that suits your skin type. Even if you spend more time at home, it’s still necessary to use sunscreen. Also, don’t forget to re-apply your sunscreen regularly. If you stay out of the house more, reapplication can be done every 2 hours.
• Sunscreen takes 15 minutes from application to the skin to become ‘active’ protecting the skin. So, apply this product to the skin at least 15 minutes before you leave the house.
How to care for your face weekly
In addition to the daily facial care routine, there are several weekly scale routines that are highly recommended:
1. Exfoliate to get rid of dead skin cells
The increasing popularity of AHA and BHA products shows that people are increasingly aware of the importance of exfoliating as part of a basic facial care. Exfoliating once a week really helps get rid of dead skin cells so that the skin will look brighter and radiant. For exfoliation, you can use AHA and BHA acids. For BHA, the most common acid we find is salicylic acid. Meanwhile, for AHAs, commonly used acids are:
• Glycolic acid
• Citric acid
• Tartaric acid
• Malic acid
For weekly exfoliation, you can use AHA products that have a concentration of less than 10% so that the risk of side effects can be avoided. The concentration of salicylic acid as the main acid of BHA usually ranges from 0.5% – 5%. Check the content of your daily care products. If there are products that already contain AHA and BHA, a weekly exfoliation routine is no longer necessary.
2. Massage the face with face oil
Facial massage or facial massage turns out to have many benefits for the skin. Besides helping you to relax, the benefits of facial massage include making your skin glow and preventing aging. Once a week, you can try using face oil and give a facial massage for 5-10 minutes.
3. Use a face mask
The use of face masks actually doesn’t need to be frequent and just once a week. The use of masks, such as those made from clay or charcoal, helps clean facial pores and reduce their appearance.
How to find out the type of facial skin
Knowing your facial skin type is the most important step in choosing the right face care. Here are easy tests you can do at home to find out your facial skin type:
• Wash face with water, and remove water by pressing the face gently with a towel. Wait 30 minutes.
• Take several sheets of facial oil paper. Paste facial oil paper on several parts of the face, such as on the forehead, nose, cheeks, and chin.